We’re thrilled to recognize our customers who are making a difference in sustainability and environmental protection through their use of Bigbelly's smart waste management solution. We are excited to unveil the Top 25 Highest Recycling & Compost Diversion Ratios from Smart City Deployments ranking of 2018.
We are excited to see three-year repeat communities rank on this year’s list: Santa Clarita, CA; Albany, CA; Burlington, VT; Wyndham City, Australia; Dayton, OH; Hyattsville, MD; Montreal, QC, Canada; Bridgeport, CT; Surrey, BC, Canada; Chicago Parks District, IL... to name a few! We are equally excited to see some new communities rise in the ranks such as Dubai, UAE; Cannes, France; Lakewood, CO; Downtown Phoenix Inc, AZ; and Slough Borough Council, UK.
- Dubai Municipality (UAE) - 71% of Waste was Diverted from the Landfill!!
- City of Bridgeport, CT (US)
- City of Santa Clarita and Santa Clarita Transit, CA (US)
- City of Burlington, VT (US)
- Downtown Phoenix Inc., AZ (US)
- City of Surrey, BC (Canada)
- City of Albany, CA (US)
- Slough Borough Council (UK)
- City of Orinda, CA (US)
- City of Dayton, OH (US)
- Prince George's County, MD (US)
- Wyndham City, VIC (Australia)
- London Borough of Islington (UK)
- Ville de Montreal, QC (Canada)
- Los Angeles County Parks & Recreation, CA (US)
- City of San Diego, CA (US)
- City of Walnut Creek, CA (US)
- Wheaton Urban District - Montgomery County, MD (US)
- Los Angeles County DPW, CA (US)
- Ville de Cannes (France)
- City of Somerville, MA (US)
- City of Hyattsville, MD (US)
- City of Lakewood, CO (US)
- Chicago Park District, IL (US)
- Village of Oak Lawn, IL (US)
Congratulations to each and every one of these cities, towns, parks and transit systems, business improvement districts, other public spaces for their commitment to recycling and sustainability. We could not be more proud to be a part of these municipalities' success in achieving goals related to public space recycling diversion to create a more sustainable community for today and tomorrow.
The Bigbelly connected systems worldwide captured, contained, and collected 144,112,133 gallons (545,523,766 liters) of waste in public spaces in 2018. Over half of Bigbelly customer deployments have multiple waste streams and 22,520,056 gallons (85,247,685 liters) were diverted from landfills throughout last year thanks to pedestrians' proper disposal in Bigbelly units dedicated to recycling and compost streams.