Marco Island, FL: Announced in June 2019, Marco Island's inaugural fleet of Bigbelly Solar Smart Waste Stations would be on their way, and the City was thrilled to go solar! And just this past week, the fleet was officially installed across Winterberry Beach, Tigertail Beach, South Beach, and Caxambas Boat Park. Marco Island's leadership team followed the in the footsteps of Delray Beach, having been delighted by their results.
The first fleet of 12 Bigbelly Waste & Recycling stations placed throughout the parks & beachfront feature custom wrap designs bearing the “Love Your Beach” logo. The wrap design also feature the local wildlife of Marco Island, a nod to the community's conservation
initiatives around recycling.
Collier County Parks and Recreation, in partnership with their Solid and Hazardous Waste Division, is thrilled to take advantage of Bigbelly's smart city communication network and CLEAN Software Management platform. The community adopted Bigbelly for numerous immediate benefits:
- Compaction technology & increased Capacity
- Real-time station status notifications from CLEAN Software Database (pushed to mobile devices as well)
- Reduced collection trips & increased collection efficiency
- Cleaner, more appealing public beaches
- Safer, healthier public spaces due to total waste containment
"They can fit over 180 gallons of waste in one unit, are environmentally friendly, sturdy, wildlife cannot get into it, and has a foot pedal for ease of use."