We celebrate Earth Day Every Day by recognizing our customers who are making a difference in sustainability and environmental protection through their use of Bigbelly's smart waste management solution. We are excited to announce the Top 25 Highest Recycling & Compost Diversion Ratios from Smart City Deployments. Congratulations to each and every one of these cities, towns, parks and transit systems, business improvement districts, other public spaces for their commitment to recycling and sustainability!
We could not be more proud to be a part of these municipalities' success in achieving goals related to public space recycling diversion to create a more sustainable community for today and tomorrow.
Top 25 Smart Cities & Communities with Highest Diversion Ratio
- Burlington, Vermont ... 63% of Waste was Diverted from the Landfill!!
- Santa Clarita & Santa Clarita Transit, California
- Albany, California
- Surrey, British Columbia, Canada
- Wyndham City, Victoria, Australia
- Bridgeport, Connecticut
- Prince Georges County, Maryland
- Hyattsville, Maryland
- Wheaton Urban District - Montgomery County, Maryland
- Passaic County, New Jersey
- Waverley Council, New South Wales, Australia
- Walnut Creek, California
- San Diego, California
- Miami Beach, Florida
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Chicago Park District, Illinois
- Los Angeles County Parks & Recreation, California
- West Chester, Pennslyvania
- Times Square Alliance, New York, New York
- Dayton, Ohio
- Hoboken, New Jersey
- Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Kenora, Manitoba, Canada
- Somerville, Massachusetts
- Port of San Francisco, California
Bigbelly is proud to empower cities and campuses to deliver waste management services in a smarter, data-driven, sustainable manner. In 2017, our world leading system contained 127,150,455 gallons (481,316,830 liters) of waste, recycling, and compost.
Half of all connected Bigbelly deployments feature multiple waste streams - on a mission to highlight Earth Day Every Day by introducing public space recycling, increasing its availability in public areas, educating on proper disposal, decreasing contamination, and measuring its success. These systems cumulatively diverted 21,416,674 gallons (81,070,930 liters) of recycling and compost waste from entering landfills in 2017.
We proudly promote our customers’ focus on beautifying public spaces, enhancing their spaces to accommodate a sustainable recycling program in public spaces, cleaning up their areas for the community to enjoy, and preserving and protecting natural resources with smarter decision making. Congratulations to all Bigbelly customers improving waste management with greater efficiency and effectiveness!