We celebrate Earth Day Every Day by recognizing our customers who are making a difference in sustainability and environmental protection through their use of Bigbelly's smart waste management solution. We are excited to announce the Top 25 Highest Recycling & Compost Diversion Ratios from Smart Campus Deployments. Congratulations to each and every one of these colleges and universities for their commitment to recycling and sustainability. We could not be more proud to be a part of these universities' success in achieving goals related to recycling diversion to create a more sustainable campus today and tomorrow.
Top 25 Smart Campuses with Highest Diversion Ratio
- University of California - San Francisco ... 72% of Waste was Diverted from the Landfill!!
- University of California - Merced
- University of Washington - Seattle
- Seattle Central College
- University of California - Berkeley
- University of California - Santa Barbara
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- University of California - Irvine
- University of California - San Diego
- Wesleyan University
- Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT)
- University of Georgia
- California State University - San Marcos
- Mount Ida College
- University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill
- University of North Texas
- University of Chicago
- Chapman University
- Louisiana State University
- Harrisburg Area Community College
- Alabama A&M University
- Southern Connecticut State University
- Washtenaw Community College
- Brown University
- University of Florida
Bigbelly is proud to empower cities and campuses to deliver waste management services in a smarter, data-driven, sustainable manner. In 2017, our world leading system contained 127,150,455 gallons (481,316,830 liters) of waste, recycling, and compost.
Half of all connected Bigbelly deployments feature multiple waste streams - on a mission to highlight Earth Day Every Day by introducing public space recycling, increasing its availability in public areas, educating on proper disposal, decreasing contamination, and measuring its success. These systems cumulatively diverted 21,416,674 gallons (81,070,930 liters) of recycling and compost waste from entering landfills in 2017.
We proudly promote our customers’ focus on beautifying public spaces, enhancing their spaces to accommodate a sustainable recycling program in public spaces, cleaning up their areas for the community to enjoy, and preserving and protecting natural resources with smarter decision making. Congratulations to all Bigbelly customers improving waste management with greater efficiency and effectiveness!