As we look back at 2016 and ahead into 2017, we reflect on and are inspired by our customer successes. We are excited to unveil the Top 25 Highest Recycling & Compost Diversion Ratios from Smart City Deployments. Congratulations to each and every one of these cities, towns, parks and transit systems, business improvement districts, other public spaces for constituent enjoyment and their impacted communities! We could not be more proud to be a part of these municipalities' success in achieving goals related to public space recycling diversion to create a more sustainable community for today and tomorrow.
1. City of Santa Clarita, CA (United States) - 66% of Waste was Diverted from the Landfill!
2. City of Burlington, VT (United States)
3. Santa Clarita Transit, CA (United States)
4. City of San Diego, CA (United States)
5. City of Louisville, KY (United States)
6. City of Surrey, BC (Canada)
7. London Borough of Islington (United Kingdom)
8. City of Hyattsville, MD (United States)
9. City of Albany, CA (United States)
10. Passaic County, NJ (United States)
11. City of Hoboken, NJ (United States)
12. Wheaton Urban District - Montgomery County, MD (United States)
13. Los Angeles County Parks, CA (United States)
14. Borough of West Chester, PA (United States)
15. Chicago Parks District, IL (United States)
16. Ville de Montreal, QC (Canada)
17. Boston Parks, MA (United States)
18. City of Raleigh, NC (United States)
19. Port of San Francisco, CA (United States)
20. City of Bridgeport, CT (United States)
21. Navy Pier Chicago, IL (United States)
22. City of Dayton, OH (United States)
23. NYC Times Square Alliance, NY (United States)
24. City of Santa Monica, CA (United States)
25. City of Kirkland, WA (United States)
Can you guess how many gallons of public space waste was captured in the connected Bigbelly Smart Waste & Recycling Systems in 2016? Find the answer plus other system stats and successes in our recent 2016 in Review, here.
Nearly half of all connected Bigbelly deployments feature multiple waste streams (landfill trash, recycling, and compost) with a common goal of introducing and/or increasing public space recycling. In 2016 alone, Bigbelly’s customers captured recycling and compost diverted 17,440,225 gallons (66,018,433 liters) from landfills across the world.
This system offers a compelling solution for cities and campuses motivated and/or regulated to increase public space recycling. Ability to track and report on diversion rates, multiple streams at the point of disposal, and visible public education are all key aspects to successful, measurable public space recycling program.
- Bigbelly Smart Waste & Recycling Systems Captured Over 112 Million Gallons of Public Space Waste Last Year (2016 In Review) - Press Release
- Top 25 Most Efficient Smart City Deployments (2016)
- Top 25 Most Efficient Smart College & University Deployments (2016)
- Top 25 Smart City Deployments with Highest Diversion Ratios (2016)
- Top 25 Smart College Campus Deployments with Highest Diversion Ratios (2016)