As we look back at 2016 and ahead into 2017, we reflect on and are inspired by our customer successes. We are excited to unveil the Top 25 Highest Recycling & Compost Diversion Ratios from College and University Deployments. Congratulations to each and every one of these college and universities! We could not be more proud to be a part of these organizations' success in achieving goals related to public space recycling diversion to create a more sustainable community for today and tomorrow.
1. University of California - Merced (CA , United States) - 69% of Waste was Diverted from the Landfill!
2. University of California - San Francisco (CA, United States)
3. University of Washington - Seattle (WA, United States)
4. University of California - Berkeley (CA, United States)
5. University of California - Santa Barbara (CA, United States)
6. University of Illinois at Chicago (IL, United States)
7. University of Georgia (GA, United States)
8. University of California - Irvine (CA, United States)
9. California State University - San Marcos (CA, United States)
10. University of North Carolina - Chapel Hill (NC, United States)
11. Wesleyan University (CT, United States)
12. University of California - San Diego (CA, United States)
13. University of North Texas (TX, United States)
14. MIT (MA, United States)
15. Chapman University (CA, United States)
16. University of Chicago (IL, United States)
17. Brown University (RI, United States)
18. University of Houston (TX, United States)
19. Louisiana State University (LA, United States)
20. University of Texas - San Antonio (TX, United States)
21. North Carolina State University (NC, United States)
22. Harrisburg Area Community College (PA, United States)
23. Southern Connecticut State University (CT, United States)
24. Northern Arizona University (AZ, United States)
25. Alabama A&M (AL, United States)
Can you guess how many gallons of public space waste was captured in the connected Bigbelly Smart Waste & Recycling Systems in 2016? Find the answer plus other system stats and successes in our recent 2016 in Review, here.
Nearly half of all connected Bigbelly deployments feature multiple waste streams (landfill trash, recycling, and compost) with a common goal of introducing and/or increasing public space recycling. In 2016 alone, Bigbelly’s customers captured recycling and compost diverted 17,440,225 gallons (66,018,433 liters) from landfills across the world.
This system offers a compelling solution for cities and campuses motivated and/or regulated to increase public space recycling. Ability to track and report on diversion rates, multiple streams at the point of disposal, and visible public education are all key aspects to successful, measurable public space recycling program.
- Bigbelly Smart Waste & Recycling Systems Captured Over 112 Million Gallons of Public Space Waste Last Year (2016 In Review) - Press Release
- Top 25 Most Efficient Smart City Deployments (2016)
- Top 25 Most Efficient Smart College & University Deployments (2016)
- Top 25 Smart City Deployments with Highest Diversion Ratios (2016)
- Top 25 Smart College Campus Deployments with Highest Diversion Ratios (2016)