As we look back at 2016 and ahead into 2017, we reflect on and are inspired by our customer successes. We are excited to unveil the Top 25 Most Efficient College and University Deployments Using the Bigbelly Smart Waste & Recycling System.
Congratulations to each and every one of these college and universities, their student body, staff, and faculty! These higher education instutions are power users of their smart waste system and are taking full advantage of data-driven waste management across campus!
1. University of Alberta (AB, Canada) - 91% Average Efficiency for 2016!
2. University of California – Berkeley (CA, United States)
3. University of California – San Diego (CA, United States)
4. University of Illinois at Chicago (IL, United States)
5. University of North Texas (TX, United States)
6. Alabama A&M (AL, United States)
7. Louisiana State University (LA, United States)
8. Northeastern University (MA, United States)
9. California State University – San Marcos (CA, United States)
10. Chapman University (CA, United States)
11. Brown University (RI, United States)
12. University of Washington – Seattle (WA, United States)
13. University of Houston (TX, United States)
14. Harrisburg Area Community College (PA, United States)
15. Boston University (MA, United States)
16. University of California – Irvine (CA, United States)
17. MIT (MA, United States)
18. Northern Arizona University (AZ, United States)
19. University of Chicago (IL, United States)
20. University of Texas - San Antonio (TX, United States)
21. North Carolina State University (NC, United States)
22. University of Georgia (GA, United States)
23. Auburn University (AL, United States)
24. University of California – San Francisco (CA, United States)
25. Campbell University (NC, United States)
Can you guess exactly how many gallons of public space waste was captured in the connected Bigbelly Smart Waste & Recycling Systems in 2016? Find the answer plus other system stats and successes in our recent 2016 in Review, here.
In 2016, over 112 million gallons ( *hint for question above* ) of public space waste was successfully managed by this smart platform, kept off sidewalks, out of parks and waterways, and removed from pest access. Unique compaction technology coupled with total containment and real-time fullness visibility delivers beautified public spaces with a reduced total waste bin footprint.
Customers geographically located across all fifty states and in fifty countries around the world leverage Bigbelly’s cloud-based management platform to guide, optimize, and analyze their city- or campus-wide waste collection operations. Bigbelly is proud to empower its customers worldwide to manage this core city service in a smarter, data-driven, sustainable manner while creating the cleaner, safer, more desirable streetscapes of today and tomorrow.
- Bigbelly Smart Waste & Recycling Systems Captured Over 112 Million Gallons of Public Space Waste Last Year (2016 In Review) - Press Release
- Top 25 Most Efficient Smart City Deployments (2016)
- Top 25 Most Efficient Smart College & University Deployments (2016)
- Top 25 Smart City Deployments with Highest Diversion Ratios (2016)
- Top 25 Smart College Campus Deployments with Highest Diversion Ratios (2016)